Dry January Winter Warmer: Mulled Low-Alcohol Cider by Helen Creese
As you know, Frosty the Snowman was a jolly, happy soul. What you may not know, is that Frosty credits his sanguine demeanour to our very own Low Alcohol Mulled Cider.
Whilst Frosty is the first to admit that he loves nothing more than a pint of rough scrumpy with his pals from the allotment, whilst on duty, nothing greater than 0.5% will pass this Snowman's lips.
So, if you're doing Dry January, or if you just prefer a low-alcohol alternative, here's our recipe for Pulp Apple's Low Alcohol (0.5%) Mulled Cider.
You will need:
- A 2l saucepan
- Zest of 1 orange
- A few cloves
- A few star anise
- 2 x cinnamon sticks
- 1.5l (3 x bottles) of Pulp Apple 0.5% cider
METHOD (MAKES 1.5L)
- Pour the cider into a saucepan and simmer over a gentle heat (do not boil)
- Add the orange zest, cloves, star anise and cinnamon sticks
- Continue to gently heat/mull for about 20mins
- Ladle into your glasses and garnish with a star anise on each glass
- Cheers! (From Frosty ⛄️).
You can purchase your alcohol-free Pulp Apple Cider by clicking below.